Saturday, February 12, 2011

Day 06- A hobby you have.


I love to sew. I love the idea that I can take a bunch of scraps of fabric that look like nothing and turn them into something unique and cool, and possibly beautiful. In the pictures below I made the quilt for my friend Lizzie's adorable baby. I made the Snow White costume as a Halloween costume my senior year in high school...yes we were that nerdy!


In my second year in Chicago, once my sewing machine was moved up here, I challenged myself to make a new dress every spring for Easter. Thus far I have stuck to it. The brown dress was my first one. I actually don't have pictures of the other two I've made since, sadly enough. But, I'm super excited about this year's dress. I think it's gonna be awesome!


Beyond these things, I've made many other articles of clothing, table cloths, altar cloths, costumes, and several other quilts. Somewhere around the middle of each project I start to get frustrated and wonder why I ever took up this stupid hobby anyway. But, at the end I'm always excited to see the new creation I was able to complete with my own two hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment