Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Day 03- A habit that you wish you didn’t have.

Snoozing

I love sleep. I love it more than just about anything. I may even love it more than my beloved bodies of water I talked about yesterday. And I don't do mornings. I really wish I was one of the people who can just get up and go in the morning, but I'm not. I've been known to sleep through alarms, get up out of bed and turn the alarm off without actually waking up, and snooze for an hour straight without even knowing it.

Some would say that these habits are probably caused by a lack of sleep and I need to get to bed at an earlier time. These poor fools probably do not know me very well. I get an average of 8.5-9 hours every night. Others might say that my sleep isn't restful enough. I was even told once that my lack of desire to get out of bed might be triggered by depression. Have you met me??? Do I look depressed to you?

I don't think it's any of these. I think that my bed is too comfy, my dreams are too interesting, and currently my apartment is too cold. I also think that my currently incredibly flexible schedule causes some of the issues. I don't usually head into work until about noon, so there is no immediate reason for me to get out of bed at 9. I could go to the gym, but that treadmill is just not as comfortable as my bed!

So, for now I just enjoy the freedom of my flexible days. This pleasure cruise will end soon enough, and I will once again join the forces of the real world where one must be out of bed at a respectable hour in order to work hard for the money. As for the battle between me and the snooze button? In the immortal words of Scarlett O'Hara, "I can't think about that right now. If I do, I'll go crazy. I'll think about that tomorrow." (Right about 9 AM I dare say as my alarm is going off.)

No comments:

Post a Comment