Thursday, June 2, 2011

News Break - The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly

I'm taking a brief break from the trip blog to fill you in on the news I alluded to in this morning's post. Well, there is not really Ugly news, just good and bad.

First, I found out this morning that my puppy of 12 years died this afternoon. He was taken to the hospital yesterday evening because his temp was up and his back legs weren't working. Apparently he had an enlarged heart which couldn't pump enough blood to his limbs. He also had a tumor that was metastasizing.

He was a pretty awesome dog...you know, about as awesome as they come. And I'll miss him dearly! I'm a little bummed I didn't get to say good bye, but glad to know he's out of pain and holding on to the memories of the good times. And now he and Gobby are likely sitting on a porch swing together, somewhere in heaven, having a smoke break!




And the Good...

I wasn't going to announce this until it's official. But, I really hate sharing bad news without something to counter it with. Yesterday afternoon I received a job offer to teach religion at Ursuline Academy!! For those unfamiliar with New Orleans, this is an all girls school located in uptown. It's actually the oldest Catholic school and oldest all girls school in the country!

I don't know any details yet as far as grade and particular subject matter. I'll find that out when the principal calls me back. As far as why it's not official yet, we're just waiting on the particulars regarding salary and such before I officially accept. But, let's face it, it's not like I'm not going to accept. This is a great offer!!

So, now you're all filled in. We'll return to your regularly scheduled travel blog some time this evening once I finish uploading and editing pictures.

1 comment:

  1. Sarah, I’m so sorry about your puppy. As someone has had dogs her whole life, I know how you feel. Hugs!

    And CONGRATS on the job offer! What a great place to teach!
    -Kat

    ReplyDelete